Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Oscar...you little fag- nice work

I have a theory- maybe the way for the Oscars to get better and not just be a celebration of star-fucker box office winners- is to endanger the whole show. Jesse James did get shafted on a Best Pic nom- but we all knew that would happen. 8 for No Country an There Will Be Blood- that's awesome. Juno....a little over praised? Yes is the answer to that question. and 2 YES 2! Noms for Roger Deakins- that's awesome. I'm generally pleased to see that shit-turds like American Gangster are not in the running. I haven't seen Atonement...I will, But I don't really care to. Hopefully No Country and There will be Blood won't split the vote and end up handing Atonement a win.

So for once- nice job academy. I usually think you have you're head so far up your ass that you wouldn't know a good movie from a bowel movement. Where's Margot At the Wedding? oh well, I can't win em all

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Not a bad little selection. Your Favorite "bottle of wine" movie "Transformers" got 3. If you haven't seen The Asylum rip-off of Cloverfield, go to their page and look at MONSTER........It really looks like Cloverfield...I mean, no shit, it's the same thing. Go Roger Deakins! He didn't have anything to do with those movies, but he's nominated. When you get back to Atlanta, we will go see Atonement, you , me, my girl, your girl. I'm not looking forward to that.