Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Swag, more movies



I saw a couple good docs.




THE COVE
man they kill a fuck ton of dolphins in this movie- and the whole things can be blamed on Flipper, and the subject of this doc Richard O'Barry- that trained him.
it goes like this:
They make the Flipper TV show, O'Barry trains Flipper, basically makes the show possible- show is a hit. People become obsessed with dolphins and want to swim with them and see them at Sea World and shit. Dolphins become a billions of dollars industry. O'Barry learns how smart dolphins really are and that they cannot be kept in captivity. He becomes THE dolphin advocate, getting arrested all the time freeing dolphins, traveling the world- fighting the dolphin fight.

In a small town in Japan, there is a hidden cove where fisherman slaughter tons and tons of Dolphins and O'Barry and the director get a special ops team of people together to document these atrocities to help bring an end to it. Best Doc i've seen here. I wish they covered the story longer for the end, but that's ok- still a really solid doc.

I'm so tired but I need to blog about:
Big Fan, In the Loop, Toe to Toe, Bronson, World's Greatest Dad, The Immaculate Conception if Little Dizzle, Crude, The Winning Season, No Impact Man, Brief Interviews with Hideous Men....I saw all the online short films. I live in the Woods is the bestest. I think i've done 25 features at this point. few more tomorrow, maybe an award winner or 2-should get me around 30. not too shabby since I had to work too.

I will say before I sign off that The Winning Season is trash.

Sam Rockwell is a drunk high school basketball coach that has to teach some girls to play the game, and they teach him some things about hisself.....PUKE. This was my first walk out. I left in the scene where the tall girl talks to the bus driver about being a lesbian. Sports movies are supposed to be cliche, but they usually are good. But this one is not. It made me angry and then sold for a pile of money.

1 comment:

Herzog said...

yeah, I Live In the Woods is awesome. The rest suck. suck hard. the magic one was cute though.