Thursday, March 27, 2008

paid for a car with my pee pee

So I bought a car. You can't be in LA without a car so i got one. It is the most unexciting, unimpressive car possible. But it is mine and it won't break down. It's a 2003 Honda civic 4 door. the base-est model with no frills- I haggled with a car dealer on a lot after 12 days of trying to find a deal through regular folks. I tell you what 'regular folks' you go to hell and take your shitty cars with you

Blood Car is playing the IFF Boston in April with some really great films. I saw some of them at Sundance but others I missed and am excited to get a chance to watch. I'm always amazed when Blood Car keeps playing in the midst of really great cinema- it is such an honor.

I saw a couple movies-

21......eh. Not for real movie goers. not really terrible, but kind of unbelievable and not really engaging. very...ah hem. by the numbers...Kevin Spacey is bitchy an gay (seriously! never seen that huh?) and some pretty people try to make me believe they are math wizards. Disbelief in unsuspended

Flawless- you may not have heard of this one. the pitch- starring Demi Moore (strike 1) and she has an english accent (strike 2-674)
this movie is a pile of (madlibs it)
so bad, so so bad. stupid heist movie that is a period piece with a forced feminist angle

what else? I got a library card, and discovered the Echo Park Film Center- which I will hopefully have a full report on after I see a screening there

there's an elliptical trainer in my living room....gee thanks, craigslist

I actually got into a pharm clinical trial.....boring work but I did get to watch the original Alien.....I love that movie
I also played some Star Wars Battlefronts on XBOX- I don;t play video games, but sometimes boredom and circumstance will thrust them upon me and I get addicted. the star wars game claimed a day or two of my life but I was able to fight it off and watch a couple movies and get out of that place. If you have no idea what I'm talking about when I say 'pharm clinical trial' let me fill you in. i agreed to take a drug never taken by a human being and then stay in a place day and night (5 days 4 nights) while people studied the effect (mainly how quick it leaves the system) through my piss and blood. I read about this in the New Yorker and thought it might be interesting subject matter for a film...it may be, but being there won't show me it. I'll have to make it up because that place was dullsville- but they paid me about the rate of a PA to do nothing.....because it wasn't that dangerous of a study

I also saw a traveling STD test center today on Vine (ave? street?) never seen that before. and I heard 2 casual pitches (just chit chatting about movies, noone is really pitching me to get something made) today and they were both exciting and awesome.

tomorrow I will kill a man with my mind! i'll write about it

No comments: