Saturday, March 8, 2008

Making moves

Katie keeps telling me I gotta start "making moves"
so I thought "ah screw it, I'll do some extra work"

So katie and I respond to an ad seeking people for extra work. Should be a short interview right? Take my picture, submit my "type" and give me a damn call time.
Wrong.

it was some stupid scam and they wanted me to PAY to get some hotline # to do extra work. so stupid. But I came up with a fun game out of the experience. I want to crazy myself up a bit (stupid clothes, big hair- something weird looking) and get some more of these "interviews" and go in and be bat-shit crazy and do bad audition monologues and start crying and talk myself out of it. Maybe bring cupcakes- just basically be as idiotic as I can and keep an audio recorder in my pocket. That would be entertaining.

So after that stupid crap I had a beer at this great old school Hollywood Cafe called......ah shit. Can't remember- if I do I'll update this. It was red and on Santa Monica.

After that we ended up by the house at the Silver Lake Lounge and it happened to be an open mic night so we stayed and a bunch of the guys that were there were really funny.

But this one guy, named Ben, had this deadpan routine about rape and abortion that made me and Katie (and pretty much only us) laugh so hard I couldn't see straight. I started talking to the guy and he told me that everyone in the bar was a stand up- which is odd, right? They all come there to work on new stuff and "get some time" one guy told me- i did get his name Adrian Mesa. He was visiting the rape joke guy (who was recently on Jimmy Kimmell I think, different material) and from Miami. He had a helluva funny bit about booty bass music and he used the phrase "pig knuckle" (like camel toe) -that's a new one right?- in his booty bass bit. I laughed. I will no doubt go back to that deal. $2 beers, free laughs, walking distance- I'm in

No comments: