Friday, August 17, 2007

This is why you hire the pro's

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is a picture of Hugh Braselton taping a pinata to my head. We are working on a commercial for a cell phone. I am the Gaffer (guy in charge of lighting) and Hugh is the first Assistant Cameraman (guy who makes sure stuff is in focus)

Since i work in the film industry I am a firm believer in having quality technicians on set to do the job correctly, with the utmost professionalism. Some people don't think as I do which is why Hugh and myself get to work.

On another note I am going to Chicago to attend the Chicago Underground Film Festival (with Blood Car) and to go to a Cubs game. I'm sure there will be some other stuff in there and I will post pictures and write my thoughts of the city and impressions of its food and bartenders. I'm sure I will immediately fall in love with Chicago if it is not a sweltering hellhole in triple digit temperatures like the one I live in.

I also have a new trailer of Blood Car on the site HERE. Its funny and sloppy, like the film.

I worked on Mike Brune's Short film titled THE ADVENTURE, which I hope has its trailer online very soon. I've seen the short and Mike made something special that will have a great festival run I'm sure. It was a great set. A bunch of friends making a movie over the weekend- here are some pics from it:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
that's brune on the ground using his still camera as a viewfinder.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
yes, that is a big ass crane in the back of a pick up truck that we got some amazing footage with.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We had a dolly too. Here's me and Adam Pinney shooting some b roll.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
See those flags? flags= serious business

Mr. Brune ran a great set and we all had no idea what was going on. I love it when that happens. When directors explain things to everyone it makes me think they are just trying to convince themselves. We all shot two actors inside a car for most of the time and only Brune and the sound guy could hear the dialogue, the crew was clueless and all hopped up on Power Horse-which if you don't know is a good crew.

When I saw the short a week later, Brune cut it with amazing speed, I was blown away. That's all i'll say for now-until I see it in a dark theatre in a strange town full of cinephiles.

No comments: