Sunday, August 19, 2007

Deep Dish Pizza is not real Pizza

I left too early (3:45am) and came to Chicago yesterday to attend the Chicago Underground Film Festival.

First off- Deep Dish pizza, I don't care about you because you are not a pizza. I hope the pizza place (UNO, the original inventor of fake pizza) bartender comes to the screening. Days Inn- you suck but you are next to this mini leaning Tower of Pisa, which is fucking weird and awesome and makes me wanna meet the crazy who built it. I've been to the real thing and really there's no difference.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was walking down the street and spotted a film crew and then I saw that it was the next Batman movie. (which they said was Romie's First Kiss) Whenever I took pictures PAs would try to block me. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
PA stands for Production Assistant if you don't know. They are the lowest guys on the totem pole that get awesome jobs like dealing with stupid questions, keeping people quiet and the like. Here's a short to help you understand:

There's a picture of Batman too. He's hanging from a wire.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here's one exchange a hardass PA and I had:
"Don't take any pictures, sir"
"Ok" (i take a picture)
"Sir, I told you not to take any pictures, now get out of here."
he had such authority in his voice I had to challenge it.
"Please Mr. PA, don't rough me up"
"I ain't no PA"
"You look like a PA to me"
pause
"YOU look like a PA"

that was fun. Also went to an improv show at IO Theatre. It was awesome. The theatre is right beside Wrigley Field, which I will see Monday. Great improv Harold, $2 schlitz. The Cubs beat the Cards and the fans really went on a bender afterwards. We entered the theatre just as the game was ending and when we got out people were still going nuts. Talk about a baseball town, when these guys win or lose another World Series, I'm coming to town to shoot the riots.

my favorite building of the day:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I like Chicago. I will eat a giant 'Chicago Style' Hotdog and get back to you. Why is it that every city's signature food is horrible for you? I'm not complaining but does anywhere have a signature salad? If they do, i bet it's fried and dipped in mayo.

1 comment:

tenxfilms said...

that pa video was rediculous.