Friday, August 24, 2007

OH BOY!

before i post the rest of my Chicago goings ons I wanna say that I just turned up the milk and it was sour. That's never happened happened to me before. It was really unpleasant.

I once thought Film Forum was the greatest place I'd ever been. The few seconds of anticipation before I entered the Sistine Chapel or the memories I had from riding the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride at Disney World from when I was a kid are up there on the list too. (I though it was a real deal submarine ride with real fish and all, that memory was ruined years later by returning to the park.)

I thought those places were the best one's I'd ever been to, but they have been eclipsed by a hard, baby blue plastic chair near the right field foul pole at Wrigley Field.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I had an Old Style Beer and an Italian Sausage covered in toppings (delicious) and it was heaven. I was so excited walking to my seat at that filthy stadium I almost started to cry. I was a little sad as I finished off my sausage because I knew there could never be another first sausage at Wrigley again.

The Cubs played a good game then it rained but we stayed right in our seats wearing these snazzy ponchos.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The game was delayed for a good couple hours so we ate nachos
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
and drank beer in the crowded area around the food stands. The great thing about Wrigley Field is that there's nothing there but baseball and seats. No batting cages, kareoke or other stuff to do. The park is not for hanging out in or just going to play some games like Turner Field. You either watch baseball or....uh, read a book....somehow this girl behind me was just reading a book while her boyfriend watched the game. I would have left that bitch at the house.

After the game we decided against any more "chicago" style food and went to a place called LuLa Cafe in Logan park for some healthy action. On the way there I saw this socailist movie exchange box
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(The Who was inside) I called homeland security and set fire to the box immediately.

At the restaurant I had a gazpacho (that's salsa, right?) which was good and a Vegan "stew" that was awesome. Katie had some chicken and then we split a poo looking desert. Even though the desert was a letdown after the meal, i'll definitely go back. On the bus on the way to the Days Inn I remembered that I didn't have a bratwurst at Wrigley. So the next time I find a cheap Plane ticket I can go for the first Bratwurst.

No comments: