Monday, July 16, 2007

Turtle Boys

This morning I woke up at 7am for no reason at all and started my day. Usually when I get up this early, i mess around the apartment for a couple of hours before I go bother my girlfriend, Katie, and wake her up too. I am frequently greeted by an unhappy, violently screeching, monster. But sometimes she wakes up and tells me about her bizarre dreams and I get a good laugh.

This mornings dream started with her opening a crate (like for a dog) she had in her house in the crate were two turtle boys. I picture them as about the size of a 7-year-old boy but turtles- that walk upright. One of them had on a red bomber jacket. They got out of the cage and rammed their heads into Katie as she sat on the floor. I think the head ramming thing was a game they played.

So the Turtles get up and one of my Katie's friends is there and she doesn't like them much because they have mouths full of rabbit food. Katie talks to the turtle boys for a minute and tells them she wished she didn't have to leave them in the crate all day when she was at work but she doesn't want them to go out. One of the turtle boys said they really wanted to go out and Katie told them if they did and something happened she would just kill herself.

Then the one turtle boy told Katie that his little brother's (turtle boy #2) skull was hurting him.

So she said to #2, "Don't make any plans for tomorrow."

"Huh?" said #2.

"You heard me. Your brother told me in secrecy your skull has been hurting you and the weather is not agreeing with you either. You're going to the doctor."

"Aww, man." said the younger turtle boy. and then she woke up.

No comments: