Wednesday, July 25, 2007

just a random entry

When I was a kid I was a big history buff thanks to my middle school history teacher, Mr. Wisehart. He taught me that the really important question to ask was WHY? and since then I always have enjoyed that question in connection with any historical fact, current event or with any story. Sometimes I think why? can even serve as an answer. That last sentence is really stupid now that I think about it. Really, that's only an answer a five-year-old can give.

This week I went to see the Annie Lebowitz exhibit at the High Museum of Art here in Atlanta. Her famous people stuff is cool, sure. Her landscapes, eh. but her work with families and groups is where its at. I love the group pictures and even some of the portraits. but I think she is put on a pedastel for shooting actors when she should be for just shooting her father and brother and families and Storming Norman. i may be stating what other people have said or think is wrong. and I am ill informed, I only saw a fraction of her work at the High, which was of the last 20 years or so, but from what I saw, her group shots and those of her family and other families touched me and pictures of Brad Pitt and the White Stripes just left me shrugging.

i want to mention that I am about to eat 28 cents of Ramen- and if you don't know- that's a good bit of Ramen noodles. my father swears by a recipe that his girlfriend, Chris (kris?) makes for him with Ramen. I will test her recipe and if i feel it is worthy, I will post it for you readers. Both of you. now pictures I saw....

well. I can't find the pics i wanna post online. Which is good. go to the museum lazy face and see them yourself. I really liked- Stormin' Norman, the mugshot of the Junkie Queer, the Bush Cabinet beside a photo of Micheal Moore and his crew and a picture of Lebowitz's father and brother after they just got out of the pool. they are standing with their arms crossed and looking into the lens and it is perfect. they say the famous folk are comfortable with Lebowitz, but these two men have so much more than that in their smiles and in their posture. It is just a great photo

I also saw some films.
Clean, Shaven- wow. see it. amazing sound. (I don't wanna say more because I like seeing movies blind. no trailers, no idea about the plot- it's fun)
Zodiac- why make this movie? why? i don't know. don't watch it if you missed it. if you saw it and you can tell me why the film got past the initial chat over coffee and saying, "that could be cool" i'd like to know.

I try to get people t go see Sicko but they say, "I don't want that propaganda!" I just can't understand why people are more interested in iphones than in things that will directly affect them or their families. My mom and stepdad went. my mom was fired up! she said, "those shitheads, I'll go move to France"

and I read some books
Youth in Revolt- it has funny parts. I laughed out loud. But the last third of the book tragged on for so fucking long that I grew to hate the main character, hate the author and hate the whole book. Missing an ending is just a killer.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret- by Brian Selznick-what a great book! I read it in a day. Its a kids book filled with film history. Its just great. go to the library and get it. RIGHT NOW! My friend Mike Brune gave me the book and said I had to read it but I put it off and I'm sorry i did.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: