Saturday, May 24, 2008

Songs From the Second Floor.

Sure, I could blog about Indiana Jones, but I don't wanna waste my time- it had good, it had bad, if you were let down maybe you should think twice about spending your money to see a 60 year old man go on an adventure.

I want to let you know about SONGS FROM THE SECOND FLOOR
That image, first shot of the film, should be all you need to see this film. two men have a serious conversation while one is in a tanning bed. wonderful. This film feels like a Bunuel film to me. It is a film of trivial things in an absurd, modern world. The production design, still camera and wide shots of the film feel like Tati's Playtime- but the film is completely original.

It is an amazing mix of comedy and tragedy. Filled with people who are at the lowest points in their life, in a world that is on the brink of collapsing.

The production design is nothing short of amazing, with almost everything in the movie built on a sound stage. I don't want to toss out a bunch of names that it is "like"
it's great.

You could go on Youtube and watch a trailer, but just do as I did and see the film cold, and on the biggest TV you can see it on. The film is shot VERY VERY wide. I so wish I could have seen it on the big screen.

The director is Roy Andersson. this is his fourth feature made in 2000. His first was in '69, then '70, '87 this one is 2000 and he has a new feature that I hope to see soon.

The film is challenging, but worth it. I am now going to give Uwe Boll some help in his opening weekend. I have never seen one of his films, and this one -POSTAL- looks to be pretty amazing. What kind of amazing? we shall see

No comments: